This sadly however, is not the norm of my everyday eating routine....
|10 minute "kitchen sink" fried rice|
1. It starts off with either a craving or desire for 1 specific ingredient. I turn all OCD/single white female on that ingredient... Sometimes I find it through allrecipes.com, google, my google reader or during one of my many "pinterest breaks" at work.
3. I will will narrow down my recipe findings to 1-3 recipes with full intentions of following one recipe to the letter when I get home.
4. When I return home I am usually weak with hunger and my patience to prepare a meal is very very thin... What ends up happening is chaotic and a bit scary...
5. I pull up my 3 recipes and start foraging through the kitchen for needed ingredients. 80% of the time I only have a sampling of ingredients so I start combining the recipes to make a pseudo dinner...
6. 98% of the time I adapt whatever recipe into a one pot. There is little to no measuring. I add spices with the reckless abandonment and rarely salt my dishes (no idea why I NEVER think to add salt). My reasoning is always.. well it is just me and I don't care if it is pretty or not.... (awful mindset for a food blogger I know!)
7. The end result is usually a tasty giant pot of some sort of goulash that I inhale while watching TMZ and Chronicle (every damn day!!). Then I have leftovers for the next
|Giant pot of |
My food is rarely pretty, usually impossible to recreate or even describe... but I love it! I want to get better at measuring and documenting my dishes to share with you all. Perhaps I need to snack more before I get home and really look into weekly meal planning!
|Can I get back to this?|