STOCK UP is correct!
After a much need java and egg/salsa burrito from Mocha Mott's I headed out to one of my favorite grocery stores. Cronig's Market on the island is the perfect mix of pantry essentials and quirky foodie items I adore.
While enjoying my coffee I went online and searched for some simple, healthy and yummy recipes to fill up my fridge and tummy.
|I love my lists!|
I ended up deciding on:
- Green smoothies for breakfasts and post yoga snacks.
- Quinoa/Bean salads for lunch (good to pack for the beach).
- Cucumbers and Carrots with hummus for snacking
- Turkey wraps for lunch
- Pasta & Pesto (vegan/no oil version!) for dinner
- Cashew butter (who am I kidding, that will be used in many many meals!)
Ok so what did I snag to make these wonderful dishes above?
- Green apple
- Minced ginger (in a jar)
- Almond Milk
- Spinach/Kale/Rainbow Chard (I like to change it up with the different flavors)
- Frozen pineapple (my fav smoothie ingredient)
- Frozen Blueberries
- Bulk bin quinoa
- Adzuki beans (canned)
- Mixed beans (canned)
- Local roma tomatoes
- Green Peppers
- Braggs Ginger & Sesame Vinegrette
- Crumbled Goat Cheese
- Ezekiel Sprouted Tortilla wraps
- Organic Applegate Roasted Turkey
- Garlic Hummus
Pasta with Pesto (AMAZING!!) This came out sooo good! I was a bit shocked but will post the full recipe later
- Spinach Pasta
- Minced Garlic (in a jar)
- Raw Cashews
- Basil (A Ton, no buy more! yeah that much!!)
- Nutritional Yeast (or Parmesan Cheese)
- Avocado (yeah, I wrote that correctly... not Olive Oil, AVOCADO! Do it!)
- Giant Smart water (wanted to bottle for yoga)
- Limes (may or may not be for the Corona's...just saying)
- TP/Paper towels
- Straws (for smoothies)
Thanks to some early summer planning our tiny yard already has mint and scallions in it. I think I am prepped and ready for a few days of yummy healthy eating. No where is that lime...
How do you stock up for vacation eating?
Do you try and make your own meals or say eff it and just go out to eat and embrace the gluttony of vacation?