For the past several years I have scheduled this week with no real plans in mind and not even with a set guest list. I leave it open to family and friends: I will be there and you are welcome to join me for all or part of it. (Just call first ok? Small cottage = limited beds!)
This year I have friends coming down more towards the second half of the week. I am over the moon with excitement to show their girls the island for the first time! (Illumination, Fire Works, The Ag Fair!) To see the island from a child's eyes will be an experience I have not had since I was their age.
|Sightseeing Up Island!|
|My thinking spot! And overall happiest spot on the planet!|
- Morning and evening kayak rides to soak up the scenery
- Walking aimlessly throughout the towns of MV people watching, and exploring tidal pools.
- Lots and lots of yoga (buying a 10 class pass and hoping to dive deep into my 21 day challenge)
- A pseudo cleanse - basically it means taking advantage of all the on island produce and eating as much yummy seasonal veggie goodness as I can get! Being solo will make it easier to have a giant smoothie for breakfast, veggies for dinner and not feel guilty when I don't go out to eat. Or making sure dinner is good for the whole group (again, I LOVE guests, but my tummy and waistline could use a few days free from cheese/appetizers and pre-dinner cocktails)
- The BEACH! When you have a house full, just getting to the can be a chore in itself. Solo Beth can grab a towel, beach chair, iPod, kindle, hat and some snacks and be off for as long or as short as I like. Plus I can go early or late cause' it is just me (good lord I sound like a super hermit in this post....)
- READ! I spend 98% of my year reading technical magazines, regulatory documents and/or food magazines. I usually only get to enjoy "free reading" when I fly. So to have 10 days with nothing but a kindle full of fun reading is like Xmas to this girl! First up Game of Thrones and then I have a list a mile long from my sister and roommate.
One girl, One island, One week and hopefully a lot of time to reflect and re-energize!
Do you take time out for yourself to recharge throughout the week/month/year?
Do you go go go on vacation or pick a spot on a beach and stay there all week?