So where to begin (at the beginning I guess) lets talk HALLOWEEN!
|Meet Betty Draper (Mad Men), Glee Member Rachel and Crazy Paddy from "It's Always Sunny"|
|Larry "Bird" get it? haha!|
At 0600 a very groggy runner awoke and made some delicious pumpkin oatmeal and 1 cup of java to get me going! No amount of water can replace the magical powers Java has over me! I met up with 3 insane friends (did I mention we all failed on our daily run training plan, but where there sneaks laced anyways!)
We arrived at Salem Willows to Hundreds of runners all decked out in their best ommage to the Devil (or Halloween in general). At about 8:20 four nervous runners started off on a 6.66 mile adventure through Salem! It was amazing!!! The boys took off in front of us but Rebecca and I were content to complete this race by making the term "slow and steady" are best friend! We averaged aprox 11-12 minutes per mile which with hills, water stops and bottle neck areas of runners is totally satisfying to me for it being my first 10k+ race!
A few lessons learned...
- My hip pack is perfect for running not just walking
- Running with a partner keeps you paced, happy and motivated! Thanks Rebecca!!
- Water, water and more water
- Its official, I have run my beloved Saucony sneaks into the ground.. need to buy a new pair
- WATER! by 8pm that night you would have thought I had been binge drinking for the whole weekend. After a large dose of OJ and a home cooked meal thanks to my roomie! I was on the mends.
- I am addicted to road races and impulsive ideas brought on by CO! Next race...Sommerville Jingle Bell Run in December! Who is running with me?!
Have a great day! Its almost midnight here and I have to get some shut eye before a full day tomorrow!